What happens in the first hour of your morning can dictate your mood, and outlook on the rest of the day. For example, imagine yourself living the following two scenarios.
- Wake up and hit the snooze button. (several times)
- Find coffee.
- Quick shower due to too many snooze button pushes.
- Find something to wear
- Open closet. see plenty of options. Find nothing to wear.
- Try on several outfits to see what looks best and still feel unsatisfied.
- Set alarm 10 minutes early and wake up.
- Start your day intentionally with a meaningful morning routine.
- Open your closet and smile at your minimalist wardrobe.
- Get dressed without any complicated decision making.
Which sounds more enjoyable and less stressful? I’ve lived both mornings and it’s obvious that morning #2 creates the best possibility for an awesome day.
We invest so much thought into our outward appearance matching how we want everyone to think about us, (or even how we want to feel about ourselves) that we go crazy looking for the right outfit. After years of binge shopping, two for one sales, and being slaves to the pages of a magazine, our closets are overflowing with an attempt to look like we have it all figured out.
Instead of dealing with the stress in your life, start elimnating it beginning with your wardrobe. Select from a few pieces of clothing that fit your body and your lifestyle.
When you dress with 33 items or less you completely eliminate stress caused by …
- fat clothes and skinny clothes
If dressing with less sounds too extreme and scares you, try it anyway. You don’t have to get rid of everything to experience the benefits. You can simply box up all but 33 and decide what is best for your morning, day and life with a simple minimalist fashion experiment.
What are you waiting for?
- I will be announcing a small, special Spark & Tinder live session for new-ish bloggers in Salt Lake City coming in September. If you are interested, email me.
- The live webinars for How to Create a Microbusiness that Matters start Tuesday, August 27th. Anyone that buys the course is invited for a no-holds barred conversation about my work, your work and your future work.