If you just started Project 333, dressing with less may be a struggle. I hope the following information will encourage you to stick with it.
When I first started this project in October of 2010, I didn’t think I would survive with only 33 items in my closet. It’s amazing how easy it is to get used to a new normal. Today, it’s a challenge for me to use all 33 items.
Here is my current list of 31. (The items in italics haven’t been worn yet.)
- Laptop Bag
- Cross Bracelet
- Bracelet (anniversary gift for 5th anniversary)
- Gray/White Scarf
- Green Scarf
- Flip Flops
- Black Flats
- Purple Heels
- White Capris
- Short Skirt
- Long Skirt
- Black Cardigan
- Brown/White Striped Shirt
- Denim Button Down
- Black Tank
- Gray Ruffle Shirt
- Black/Tan Shirt
- Black Wrap Shirt
- Cream Sweater
- Black/White Shirt
- Blue/White Shirt
- Black Blazer
- Cream Blazer
- Black Rain Coat
- Orange/White Dress
- Cream Colored Dress
I could easily take 5 more pieces out of this collection and get dressed everyday without a problem.
Other changes I’ve noticed while dressing with less …
- Catalogs don’t make it pass the trash can on the way in from the mailbox.
- Sales, Groupons, and coupons have no influence on my purchasing habits.
- I don’t walk through clothing stores or sections wondering what I need.
- I don’t compare what I wear to what you wear.
- I always have something to wear.
- Shopping is not a hobby or recreational activity.
Dressing with less has changed my closet. Living with less has changed my life.