If you just started Project 333, dressing with less may be a struggle. I hope the following information will encourage you to stick with it.
When I first started this project in October of 2010, I didn’t think I would survive with only 33 items in my closet. It’s amazing how easy it is to get used to a new normal. Today, it’s a challenge for me to use all 33 items.
Here is my current list of 31. (The items in italics haven’t been worn yet.)
- Laptop Bag
- Cross Bracelet
- Bracelet (anniversary gift for 5th anniversary)
- Gray/White Scarf
- Green Scarf
- Flip Flops
- Black Flats
- Purple Heels
- White Capris
- Short Skirt
- Long Skirt
- Black Cardigan
- Brown/White Striped Shirt
- Denim Button Down
- Black Tank
- Gray Ruffle Shirt
- Black/Tan Shirt
- Black Wrap Shirt
- Cream Sweater
- Black/White Shirt
- Blue/White Shirt
- Black Blazer
- Cream Blazer
- Black Rain Coat
- Orange/White Dress
- Cream Colored Dress
I could easily take 5 more pieces out of this collection and get dressed everyday without a problem.
Other changes I’ve noticed while dressing with less …
- Catalogs don’t make it pass the trash can on the way in from the mailbox.
- Sales, Groupons, and coupons have no influence on my purchasing habits.
- I don’t walk through clothing stores or sections wondering what I need.
- I don’t compare what I wear to what you wear.
- I always have something to wear.
- Shopping is not a hobby or recreational activity.
Dressing with less has changed my closet. Living with less has changed my life.
P.S.The goodblog project begins May 21st and there is still space available. If you are ready to infuse your blog and business with purpose and growth sign up here and work with me. Let me know if you have questions.